Money and EXP
This pages descibes methods, to gain money and EXP quickly.
 Method 1
- Story mode in Redhorn Island complete.
- Optional: The avatar or one character of the party is a mage with +inferno (weaker fire AOE spells possible, but take more time).
 How to
- See Transparent Husk#Redhorn Island, but skip the "kill the wraith" part, unless you also need transparent husks.
 Method 2
- This method is the fastest method for bow or elemental magic only. Refer to #Method 3 or #Method 4, if you're using different skillsets.
- Access to Vellgander : Section 2, so you need to complete Vellgander : Section 1 and GR22.
- You need to launch this quest from an *online* town. The Elemental Lord behaves differently if you are offline.
- Elemental Magic or Bow are best skill trees for this. Other classes cannot achieve good results with this method.
 How to
- Find a side room in Vellgander : Section 2 with a Kraken, Efreet, Behemoth or Rudra.
- Clear the room of small monsters. This will cause the Elemental Lord to summon fishes.
- Aim for the big monster's belly or head, to kill all fishes with an AOE attack that deals 800+ damage to them and leave the room.
- Exit the room and return.
- Gain around 7k exp each 35 seconds.
- Leave 1 monster alive in the main room, as this will prevent respawns.
- Sometimes the monster will rather attack than summon. This happens a lot if you are running this quest offline or if you're too far from him.
- Adding mute tip before you strike with a bow will silence the fish and prevent them from attacking.
- Avoid Silence+, because you need to go closer to the big monster and must wait for fishes to explode, giving Kraken the time to attack you.
- Small Monsters in outer room will respawn in around 8 minutes.
 Method 3
- This method requires a strong knight, but it's useful for all skill sets. The avatar should still be able to fight, to gain full AC before knight transformation.
- Quest Feeding Time II, so GR 22+
- A knight weapon with an earth spell and pierce attacks. Valeuse Spear or better spears are good examples. Swords usually have wind spells, so avoid these.
- 10x Mana Potion II and 5+ Mana Potion III
- Strong armor for your knight, so you don't take too much damage.
- Charge drinks on your avatar, so you don't need to kill enemies for Knight transformation.
 How to
- Basically you move to the target area and gather AC in the process.
- Then you let your teammates die and call your knight. Now you must sustain it through mana potions, until time runs out and kill the same enemies over and over gain.
- Start the quest and bring 10x Mana Potion II and 5 or more Mana Potion III with you.
- Go to D2 (above ground) and kill any enemy on your way, until your AC are full.
- As soon as you arrive at E2 above ground and AC are full, you can call your knight and kill enemies, while moving to eastern most part of D2.
- Here spawn 5-8 Featherlizards, that respawn very quickly. They are weak to earth element and thrust attacks.
- Gather 4+ around you and kill them all with Earth Soul (earth elemental spell of knight weapons).
- The best way of doing this is, move through them and then retreat a bit. They will follow you and move closer to each other.
- Kill remaining with thrust attacks.
- Wait for respawn and repeat.
- When MP is below 10, use a mana potion.
- When one minute remains, don't bother refilling MP. It's a waste. Just continue killing with thrust attacks.
- Restart quest and refill mana potions.
- Always remember to avoid killing all enemies in medium range, or you transform back.
- Other enemies on platform around D2 and E2 respawn between 5-10 minutes, so avoid killing them all near D2, or you cannot kill all the lizards there without transforming back.
- Always prioritize healing and MP restoration above killing the lizards (unless ~one minute remains).
- Should you transform back, die and quit/restart the quest. This is much more effective than to refill AC and tranforming again. This allows you to refill mana potions and resets the quests time limit.
 Method 4
- This method is "safest" of all, when reincarnating.
- Quest Seasonal Travel II, so GR 22+
- High RES, because you will fight fishes mostly.
- Thrust attacks.
- Silence/Silence+ spell. This will make them self destruct, but killing them is quicker.
 How to
- Start Seasonal Travel II.
- Kill any fish you come across.
- You can do this until time runs out or enemies don't respawn.
- Many enemies will spawn near you and in the current season, when you kill an elemental.
- This will likely get you killed.
- This is very good for forcing respawn, if you killed all enemies.
- Casting silence on them will make them self destruct.
- The delay is very good for escaping the enemies that will spawn near the elementals location (and certain death).
 Method 5
- Quest Graveyard Rift II, so GR 24+
- Divine magic spell +Silence. No other skillset beside divine magic is necessary for this method. You also don't need to equip a weapon.
- Equip yourself with your best SPR/RES gear, to minimize damage. If you don't equip a weapon, use could also use a shield with SPR/RES.
- Learn all of the Divine Prowess skills from the staff tree and equip a staff, to cast silence quicker.
- Equip your knight with the Granliga hammer.
 How to
- Start the quest.
- Cast Mana Barrier on yourself, before initiang any combat. +silence (or silence) on all fish or kill them. Silence will cause them to self destruct, saving you the trouble of killing them.
- Teleport to side platforms and repeat.
- Abort quest and repeat.
- After level up or AC reach 7+, transform into knight, when entering a new side platform.
- Use the skill "soul bash" from the Granliga hammer. It's an AOE skill with a very large area, but costs 25% of your knight HP. It nearly covers the whole side islands. Kill all fish with it, except one or two with a single attack (or two attacks, when below lv 65).
- It is important to let one or two of them alive, because new ones will respwn about 5 seconds, after the first ones have been killed. Kill all remaining fish in second wave.
- You should abort the quest earlier, when you're about to reach a level up. This way, you will level up on middle platform when starting the quest next time, so you can transform immediately on next platform.
- The fish's self destruct deals huge amounts of damage, mostly killing you in one blow. But it has low range, so simply move away from fishes. Even if other party member can revive you, yon don't gain EXP while dead.
- Silence+ costs 44 SP to learn, if you don't have any skillpoints in divine magic. It becomes available after learning Heal III and costs 4 skillpoints.
- This method (silence/silence+) does not require any skillpoints outside of divine magic, nor an active weapon and 99% of these skills you should learn anyway.
 Method 6
- Geonet Pass and of course, internet connection.
 How to
- Do Free Monster Hunting quests with people strong enough to defeat big monsters at the Chaotic Rift, just be useful and support the way you can if you cant kill monster there, don't be a useless bump on a log... You can easily farm money this way, and if you are lower than 50, you probably will get tons of Exp too, you can easily get around 300-400k money per hour if you sell all the drops you get, depends on how much luck you have...
Related ThreadsGR 22 exp and gold - last post by Crayne02 @ Jul 31, 2011
Exp, Item and money ticket stack? - last post by @ Sep 28, 2011