- Talk to Maurice
- Begin collecting red fragments, blue fragments and eggshells. Depending on the amounts collected, turned in to Maurice and analyzed, the boss fight will change.
- Once the desired amounts have been turned in, have Maurice analyze them.
- If not fighting the Ancient Dragon, speak to the NPC at the eastern gate (E-3) on the entry level, proceed forward and begin the boss battle.
- If fighting the Ancient Dragon,
- Go down to the 2nd level and speak to Elliot the NPC at the gate.
- Go down the elevator (C-3) and speak to Captain Robert.
- He will join you, and must stay alive during the battle.
- Red fragments drop from Fire Lizards.
- Blue fragments drop from Ice Lizards.
- There are NPCs who give fragments.
- F1: D-2 (2 blue) and C-3 (2 red)
- B1: B-4 (4 blue)
- B2: C-4 (4 red)
- Eggshells are obtained at:
- Entry level: defeat the 4 Scorpions in a small cave (F1: B-3) and inspect the flare to examine the nest and obtain an eggshell.
- Go to and take the elevator (C-4) to reach level B1, then proceed to the elevator in B-3. Take the elevator down to B2 and defeat the Dire Waterspider
- Take the old sword that it drops to Jeff the NPC beside the elevator on level B1 to receive his eggshell.
- Proceed to the elevator in B1: C-4. (Alternatively, use the elevator in B1: B-5) Go down to level B2 and defeat the Direspider
- Talk to the nearby cat to obtain the eggshell.
 Notes and Tips
- The only way to S rank the quest is to fight the Ancient Dragon.
- The gate that is one-way only during Lost Children can be opened from both sides.
- A large number of lizards are along the path in B2 from elevator C-4 to the direspider.
- Although this quest can be completed by have a party member tanking, a far easier way is to stagger all 3 dragons and eliminate the 2 Fire Dragons quickly. One player on each Fire Dragon and two on Ancient Dragon will allow you to accomplish this with relative ease.
- To avoid Meteor Rain spams, attack the rear legs of Ancient (as this will prompt it to use Tail Strike.) Be warned - If you have ranged members in your party (Bow or Mage) make sure they do not draw Ancient's attention, or this strategy will not work.
- Carry reviving items if you have space - It is very hard to recover when a party member is down and Raise is risky if there is more than one dragon left alive.
- Carry Elixirs - They not only can ensure you and your party stay alive; they more importantly can keep Captain Robert alive if he takes too much damage.
- Sovereign Roar cancels ALL positive Buffs, including the effect of Lifestones.
- Due to the crowded nature of the 3 Dragon Boss Fight, the +Debuff spells are effective if you find yourself not being able to stagger them quickly. (+Fatigue and +Slow are very useful if your party is not able to kill the Fire Dragons within the first stagger.)
- DO NOT attack Ancient's Tail until it is almost dead, or you will have an often impossible fight on your hands. (Captain Robert has a habit of doing this, so do your best to finish Ancient off as quickly as possible.)
White Knight Chronicles I Quest Rewards
|Type||GR 14||GR 19|
|Quest Complete|| 5,000P || 18,000P|
|Time Req||GR 14||GR 19|
|[0:00:00]-[1:00:00]|| 0P || 0P|
|Enemy Name||GR 14||GR 19|
|Waterspider Sprog|| 0P || 0P|
|Spider Sprog|| 0P || 0P|
|Ice Lizard|| 0P || 0P|
|Fire Lizard|| 0P || 0P|
|Scorpion|| 0P || 0P|
|Dire Waterspider|| 2,500P || 1,000P|
|Direspider|| 2,500P || 1,000P|
|Fire Dragon|| 5,000P || 2,500P|
|Ice Dragon|| 5,000P || 2,500P|
|Ancient Dragon|| 5,000P || 3,000P|
|Rank Required||GR 14||GR 19|
|S|| 5,000G || 5,000G|
|A|| ?P || ?P|
|B|| ?P || ?P|
|C|| ?P || ?P|
|D|| ?P || 1,000G|
|GR 14||GR 19|