Dragon the Line
|White Knight Chronicles II » Guild Rank Quests » Guild Rank 20 | Guild Rank 26 » Dragon the Line|
|Dragon the Line|
|Locations:||Bunker Lode Caverns|
|Unlocks When:||By GR|
|Max. Party Size:||6|
Baccea has been beset by dragon attacks as of late. A platoon of Windwalkers went to Bunker Lode to slay the wyrm leader, but we've since lost contact. Please, go help them.
Defeat the Netherwyrm.
- Requirements not met in time.
- Player(s) wiped out during boss battle.
- Guest character incapacitated.
 How To Run The Quest
Talk to the NPC at the star to discover that Rocco is missing. He is locked in a room at the bottom level of the map. Eliminate all of the enemies in between the gated sections of the map to spawn a quest item that unlocks the gate and free Rocco. Hooray!
Rocco will join your party and you are now ready to start the boss fight. This is the fastest way to complete the quest. However, you will face a Netherwyrm only and WILL NOT get you an 'S' Rank if you battle in this state.
The party member that has freed Rocco now has the ability to determine which lift Captain Osmond is hiding in when you get close to it. He will show a message - to you only - saying "Huh? Whose footprints are these" (if you pretend he's an NPC from MGS1). If he does, that's the lift you must take to free Osmund. If nothing appears Osmund is not in that section.
Freeing Osmond is OPTIONAL but is required for an 'S' Rank.
Alternatively, you can randomly check the lifts or split up for speed. Waiting for you on the top floors are 3 pairs of optional enemies out of these possible 8:
- Solum Wyvern, Ventus Wyvern, Ignis Wyvern, Glacies Wyvern, Ice Dragon, Wind Dragon, Earth Dragon & Fire Dragon.
The pairs are randomly generated and must be killed to free Osmund (assuming he is in that section).
Once you have found Osmund talk to him and he will join your party. Now, once you have talked to the NPC at the star on the map head towards your starting location to start the boss fight. If you complete the quest within 30mins AND freed Osmund you are guaranteed an 'S' Rank.
 Notes and Tips
Dragon the Line 2 is one of the best quests to harvest the rarest ORE, FOSSILS & CRYSTALS as there are 12 harvesting points in the quest in close proximity to each other. See Harvest Run for more info.
- This quest is a good alternative to dragon farming than Vellgander but can be time consuming if the dragon you want is not in the lift that you're in. Days A, C & in particular Day D of Artifex Cometh may be more convienient for dragon drops.
- You can farm Wyverns here by breaking their tails but you are much better off in Feeding Time where you can also harvest Branches, Flowers and Planks, which you can't here.
- Avoid at all costs letting the NPC's reach critical health! These dragons specialise in area attacks so it's much safer for everyone to keep an eye on their health bars whilst attacking.
- During the boss fight focus on killing the Ancient Dragon first and knight up as soon as the battle begins.
- Weaker parties may need a dedicated healer but remember, the battle will be much quicker if EVERYONE attacks - at least until the Ancient Dragon is dead.
 Harvest Run
Temporarily change class to SS or Spear (so that you can equip a shield if you have low DEF) & wear your best DEF equipment. With around 800 DEF you can ignore all enemies whilst harvesting, including the Wyverns and Dragons.
Note that these can be attempted in any order and unless you need fossils it is fastest to farm points 1, 6 (and possibly 7,8 & 9) and then quit and retry than it would be to reach all 12 points.
Can someone please confirm what type of items can be harvested at each points as I don't remember them all and no longer have the game. Also could someone write the coordinates of each harvest point ? I wrote them months ago but for some reason it got edited out. Coordinated are much more useful than descriptions.
Point 1 - Ore
- Directly ahead of your starting position near Rook and Rick (among the crates).
Optional Point 2 - Fossils
- In the locked room where Rocco is found. You will need to kill the surrounding enemies to unlock it.
Points 3,4 & 5
- Use the Western lift. Harvest the spot closest to you first then sprint to the back to attempt the other 2. You will need HIGH DEF to farm them or HIGH AGI to dodge the attacks. 'Death Spawn' to return to start.
Point 6 - Crystals
- Immediately on the right of your starting position. Avoid the scorpions.
Point 7,8 & 9
- Use the Central lift. Harvest the spot closest to you first then sprint to the back to attempt the other 2. You will need HIGH DEF to farm them or HIGH AGI to dodge the attacks. 'Death Spawn' to return to start.
Points 10, 11 & 12
- Use the Eastern lift. Harvest the spot closest to you first then sprint to the back to attempt the other 2. You will need HIGH DEF to farm them or HIGH AGI to dodge the attacks. 'Death Spawn' to return to start.
White Knight Chronicles I Quest Rewards
|Quest Complete & Subquest Bonus GR Points|
|Points Required to Achieve Rank|
|Time Bonus GR Points|
|Enemy Bonus GR Points (Per Kill)|
|Total Guilder Awarded by Rank Achieved|
|Possible Quest Loot|
|GR 20||GR 26|